Thursday, January 17, 2008

What is it about warm seats?

I think that one of the most uncomfortable feelings in the world is to sit down to find that your seat is warm. I was out to eat with a friend of mine yesterday at the school cafeteria. Of course it's about noon-twenty or so, and the place is packed. We finally got our food and began the quest to find a place to sit down, we saw a few people we knew but they were eating in the more crowded area . . . the place that the 'cool kids' eat lunch. So we ventured off to the other side of the mess hall to find a recently abandoned table. We quickly scurried over to sit down. I took off my coat and was pretty excited to begin my mid-day meal. I sat down ready to begin chowing down my soup and fritos, but something prevented the immediate gratification of my appetite. My seat was warm. It made me feel so uncomfortable that I felt the need to bring it to Kristen's attention. We talked about it for a little while and did not really come up with anything definitive. So my question is this . . . What is it about a warm seat that distracts the mind so quickly from the objectives at hand? I don't know, but it sure occupied my mind for a good portion of the day.

No comments: