Thursday, May 1, 2008

So I recently found out what it was like to break a rib. Yeah that's right, I broke a rib over the weekend. Usually, I'd be alright with it, but it's right in the middle of 'fun' season. It's difficult to swing a golf club, baseball bat, throw a ball, and even cut down trees. I find myself just ignoring the nagging pain when I'm playing; however, it is also smack dab in the middle of allergy season here in Utah, which means a lot of sneezing. Let me tell something to you, when you have a broken rib and you sneeze it hurts. In fact, it hurts so bad you don't even finish your sneeze, you just grimace inside and long for days of full blown sneezing ability to return to you. Anyhow, it's beautiful here in Utah. The springtime here is my favorite. Everything is green and blossoming and campus is just beautiful with the hard work that the grounds crew puts into their landscaping. I woke up the other day and just had to take a picture of what I saw. It's very difficult for me to explain the smell and cool breeze that were present when I took the picture, but it isn't essential. All I can say is that the mornings here in Utah right now are simply delightful.

1 comment:

jen said...

how did you break your rib? i'm sorry to hear that. i know how much you enjoy summer, going outside, and being all active. when do you take off to washington?